The year was 1888. What was happening in the world?
A few famous folks were born that year: Dale Carnegie, J. Frank Dobie, Irving Berlin, Knute Rockne, to name a few. It was the year that Susan B. Anthony organized a Congress for Women’s Rights; the Washington Monument opened to the public; and the Texas Capitol Building $3 million construction project was completed.
In Central Texas, German immigrants had begun to settle the area. According to records kept by individual families, there were a few Lutherans in the Taylor (Taylorsville) area by the late 1870's. These numbers kept increasing in the 1880's. In an unsettled land, far different from their former homes, they began making their new home and life. Religion was very important to the people, and trained pastors were scarce. As more settlers moved into the area, pastors from other areas did "missionary" work. They held worship services in homes and later in country schools, performing services including baptizing, confirming and performing marriages.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, also known as “West Taylor”, located on County Road 401, just off of Highway 79, 1-1/2 miles west of Taylor, had its early beginnings as early as 1885, meeting in homes and in Tyler School. All services were conducted in the German language. For these services, Pastor Glatzle (the first pastor) received $120 a year. The Rev. I.J. Glatzle (1854-1921), born in Wurttenberg, Germany, received his theological education in Basel, Switzerland. He came to Texas in 1883 at the age of 29 and served many of the German-speaking Lutherans of this area.
Organization and Constitution
Under Rev. Glatzle’s guidance, Immanuel Lutheran Congregation adopted a constitution on January 1, 1888, which was signed by fourteen men who agreed to accept financial responsibility and support of the church, thus becoming one of the early Lutheran congregations in Williamson County. Palm Valley Lutheran Church (Round Rock, TX) began in 1870 and Zion Lutheran Church (Walburg) in 1882.
Charter members were: Alexander Anderson, August Becker, Karl Brandenburg, Henry Fritz, August Kiesler, Julius Krueger, William Lange, Herman Lantzsch, August Luedtke, Fred Luedtke, Reinhold Mager, Fred Roeske, John Senkel, John Wuthrich, Sr.
In the original congregation minutes, the charter members offered this prayer:
“But you, oh Lord, and shepherd of your congregation, put your blessings on them. That this gathered flock here, grow and flourish and be preserved to our eternal blessed life. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.”
In 1892, Immanuel purchased five acres of land at a cost of $100, which was to be used as a site for a church building and as a place of sepulture. The first parsonage was built by a Mr. Brieger. The cost was $480. Pastor Glatzle became the first resident pastor. While here, he organized St. John’s congregation in New Bern. Rev. Glatzle and Rev. John Daude held services once a month, usually making the trip by walking along the railroad or riding horseback.
The construction of a frame church, completed in 1894 at a cost of $1525, was dedicated to the glory of God and to the joy and happiness of all members and friends.
The anniversary publication of St. James at Wuthrich Hill states that Rev. J. Appel served from 1895 until 1901. The first service was held in the Turkey Creek School house by Rev. J. Appel of McDade. In 1896, Rev. Appel accepted a call to West Taylor and Wuthrich Hill, and these two congregations agreed to form a parish.
In 1893, the congregation became associated with the “First Lutheran Synod of Texas” which then changed their name to the “Texas District of the American Lutheran Church”. In 1960, with another merger, Immanuel became a member of the Southern District of The American Lutheran Church (The ALC), followed in 1986 with still another merger, it became a member of the Southwestern Texas Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). In 2010, Immanuel Lutheran ended their affiliation with the ELCA and joined Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).
Adversity and Construction
In the Fall of 1913, some of the Immanuel congregation ladies remarked to their pastor, Rev. Reinhardt, that they would like to see a Ladies’ Aid organization in Taylor. The group met in mid-October, which led to the organization of a congregation. Some months later, the ladies were instrumental in starting a Sunday school for the Lutheran children in town. After the Sunday School started, there was a desire for preaching services occasionally. The Odd Fellows’ Hall was secured as a meeting place and neighboring pastors invited to conduct services twice each month.
Almost a year later, during the fall of 1914, the St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church of Taylor was organized. At a joint meeting conducted in the West Taylor church on April 2, 1915, Rev. Arthur Hartmann of San Antonio was called as the first pastor of the newly created parish, who assumed pastoral duties by May 1, 1915.
A fire completely destroyed the parsonage in 1915. Shortly, a new parsonage was rebuilt. Reverend A.E. and Ella Hartmann were the first to occupy the newly built parsonage and years later, the last pastor & wife to occupy the parsonage. The building was rented out for several years. During 2012, the parsonage had structural damage due to the hot, dry weather and the congregation decided to remove the building in lieu of making the costly repairs.
Further adversity followed as on January 1, 1916, fire completely destroyed the sanctuary. According to circumstantial evidence, the fire was an act of arson. Mr. W. C. Wuthrich, who was one of the fire fighters, felt that while they were fighting the first blaze, the arsonist was watching and then set the second fire. However, members were not dismayed. Services were held under the canopy of heaven and then again in the Tyler School.
On March 12, 1916, St. Paul, Taylor severed its connections with Immanuel, West Taylor and became a self-supporting congregation with Rev. A. Hartmann as their pastor.
During 1916, John Wuthrich drew the plans for the church, parsonage and white altar which preceded the present one. During June 1916, church leaders decided to sell the old bell, damaged in the fire. The clear tone bell which replaced it had a very significant part in the worship service, as well as in preparing people for Sunday worship. The bell has always been used to start and end the worship service, and continues to be a very important and traditional part of the church services.
In early days of the church, the bell was rung on Saturdays so everyone would be reminded of Sunday worship and begin preparing themselves for the Lord’s Day. The bell also tolled when a member of the congregation died. Instead of the joyous clear tone people usually heard, the bell was rung in a manner referred to as the “death toll”. On that day, the bell was tolled once for each year of the member’s life. On the day of the funeral, if the body was buried in the church cemetery, the “death bell” would toll as soon as the funeral procession came over the railroad tracks. This tradition is still practiced today.
On the second Sunday of August 1916, a new Immanuel Lutheran Church building was dedicated to the glory of God.
In 1926, the “language question” became a prominent issue. In two congregational meetings, the records read:
March 25, 1926 – “It was unanimously decided that the service shall remain in the German language.”
October 6, 1929 – The congregation requested that the pastor shall preach in both German and English and shall live in our parsonage.”
Traditions and Gifts
Between 1920 and 1930, the rule was that the men sat on the south pews for church services, the women sat in the north pews and the children sat to the front. Eventually, the women rebelled against the idea that the men always have the “cooler” side during the summer and the “warmer” side during the winter. The seating arrangement changed when the old Yakey School was added to the church.
In 1937, the Rural Electrification Project came through the area. Prior to this time, the church had a carbide lighting system. An underground tank contained the compound producing gas, which lit the two ceiling lights in the church. There was a turn key under each light and designated members (A.E. Wendland and Hugo Randig) used a long metal pole to reach the turn key, and then turn on the gas, which was lit with a flame on a pole.
When the lights were installed in the parsonage and church, one disappointment was that the electric company set up a pole in the middle of what was usually the baseball diamond and that hindered baseball playing.
Up until the 1940’s, the only paying church members were the heads of the household, and the only ones allowed to vote in church meetings. At that time in our church history, women rarely spoke or took part in policy making.
During the 1940’s, the church was heated by a coal heater located in the center of the church. As the warm weather approached, it was customary for a member and spouse to take down the heater and pipes to store until winter. A big achievement occurred in 1983, when the church was air-conditioned.
In 1961, the present pulpit and altar were given to the church from St. Paul Lutheran Church of Taylor, Texas. The altar which was replaced was donated to Swenson Grove Baptist Church, which was located near Norman’s Crossing.
The statue of Jesus was kept by St. Paul’s, so the Louis Anderson family purchased a gold cross to be put in its place. A few years later, the family of Rev. A. E. Hartman donated the statue of Jesus, which currently adorns the altar. The metal cross to the left of the altar was donated by Immanuel’s women’s group.
The light fixtures, which hang in the Annex were a gift from the First Taylor National Bank in Taylor.
The only type of communion was the Common Cup; everyone drank the wine from the same silver chalice. Around the mid-60’s, a communion set was purchased that had individual glass cups. This change was primarily for health reasons. In approximately 1964, the first speaker system was purchased and installed.
In 1966 it was decided that each family would clean the church and furnish altar flowers for that Sunday. We now pay someone to clean the church, Sunday School building and members volunteer to donate flowers for church services.
In 1986, Mr. Gilbert Fritz donated land on the south side of the church and in later years, further blessed the church.
Ladies Aid Society
During the tenure of Rev. G. Rapp (1919-1929) the “Ladies Aid Society” was organized. During the 1940’s, the ladies decided that the church needed a fund raising project and started an annual art work sale and chili supper. Emma Decker, Mrs. C. G. Stern and Mrs. Fritz Teichelman initiated the first sales held on the north side of the church. One of the first items raffled was a beautiful butterfly quilt. The lucky winner was Shirley Teichelman Shay.
Mr. & Mrs. C.G. Stern prepared their wonderful chili at home in a large laundry wash pot and brought it to church for the sale. Later the ladies moved their sales to the Yakey School. Disappointedly, they didn’t make enough profit on the chili, so at Mrs. Stern’s suggestion, they changed the menu to a chicken and dressing dinner. Mrs. Stern said: “Every ladies aid member donate two chickens with dressing; take every bit of the meat off of the chicken and bring it.” Eventually, the farmers stopped raising chickens, so the annual fundraiser changed to a turkey supper. When the meal was held at the church, children enjoyed the fish pond, grab bags, etc.
Eventually, the Ladies Aid Turkey Supper became so successful, that the event was moved to the V.F.W. Hall on Hwy. 79 in Taylor, on the third Thursday in October. Many volunteers and hours were devoted to this annual event. Delicious pies baked by the church ladies completed the meal and canned goods, handmade crafts and pottery were sold in the “Country Store”. The community enjoyed excellent food, fun and fellowship.
In the 1980’s, a prayer chain was started as a “support system” for individuals with prayer concerns. Many prayers have been offered through the years and continue to our almighty God. Prayer chain leaders would initiate the first contact, members on each chain would then call the next individual on the list. Currently, members have the option to be on the call or email list.
Quilt kits were made and donated to Lutheran World Relief during the 80s. Entire days were spent quilting, visiting and sharing with one another. Tray favors and dozens of cookies were sent to Lutheran sponsored nursing homes in the area.
In 1981, WELCA (Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) made Chrismons, the beautiful white and gold Christmas decorations for the church Christmas tree. Another time for fun, fellowship, sharing and loving took place.
WELCA has supported the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event for many years. Often times, team members would stay overnight during the event at the Taylor football field. Again, this was an opportunity for fellowship and fun.
During 2004, Bonnie Kaderka asked the council to consider holding an auction to raise funds to purchase plastic tables/chairs and padded stacking chairs. Anyone involved with setting up church functions knew the challenges involved with moving heavy tables and chairs. The council agreed and an annual event began. Last year, we were able to fund a project to improve the front entrance of the church, which included a handicap ramp.
Annually – church members, family and friends donate homemade and handcrafted items. Local businesses also contribute items for the auction. Tickets are sold for chances to win a homemade quilt, gift cards to Walmart, Home Depot and Chili’s. In previous years, Bonnie Kaderka has recruited Shirley Mundkowsky, Bonnie Gordon and Phyllis Johnson to assist. We are thankful for all donations, help and generous contributions.
Women of the Word (WOW)
When Immanuel Lutheran changed their affiliation from ELCA to LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ), the Women’s group became Women of the Word (W.O.W). Their purpose is serving others within the congregation and community.
WOW is comprised of three circles: LOVE, FAITH, AND HOPE. The group has sponsored projects with Starry (support group for children) and Baptist Children’s Home in Round Rock, conducts weekly bible studies and sponsors a yearly Thanksgiving Meal for the church homebound members. During 2012, the ladies who met on Wednesday mornings repaired the original Chrismon ornaments and made additional beautiful brightly colored ornaments that depict the Nativity of our Lord. Members provide considerable help with many Live Nativity duties.
For several years the group has participated in a scrapbooking project. We all enjoy looking at many of the beautiful albums which display church history, special occasions and church activities.
WOW holds monthly Bake Sales on the 1st Sunday and contributes proceeds to church projects and outreach. The group has sponsored ‘Welcome Baby’ showers to introduce new babies in the congregation. An annual women’s retreat and other social gatherings are always popular events. Members also attend the annual LCMC Women’s Conferences. All church members are invited to be a part of this fellowship and giving.
“Our Daily Bread” cookbook has been prepared to celebrate the 125th church anniversary (2013). The cookbook has over 600 recipes from more than 100 members, friends, former members and many recipes submitted in memory of loved ones.
As we celebrate 125 years in the Taylor community, we are mindful of the special bond among those who break bread together, a custom established by our Lord Jesus Christ. As you enjoy the recipes, we ask that you pray for those who grow our food, who prepare our food and those whose bodies are nourished by this food. The cookbook, which sells for $15.00, is available at the church office.
During the years of Rev. S.A. Bogisch and Rev. W. Hill (1930-1934), a Luther League was formed. Three-act plays or dramas were performed during the summers in order to raise money, but primarily for the enjoyment of members, family and friends.
Members enjoyed Christmas caroling, social events (bunco, hayrides, bowling, baseball, etc.) and attending District and National Luther League conventions.
The Annex and Christian Education
In the early days of the church, the only space available for Sunday School classes was in the nave of the church. The front benches were for one age group, middle benches another group and the very back of the church was the nursery classroom. From the early 1920’s, rally days were always a part of the annual fellowship events. No formal adult Sunday School classes existed until the 1940’s.
Confirmation was called German school and lasted two weeks in the summer. Basically, the curriculum was based on the Bible and the catechism. Students would walk across the fields west of the church to attend classes. Later, students drove their family’s horse and one-seated buggy.
Dieanna (Menk) Kieschnick recalls her confirmation examination on March 22, 1959. Church started at 10:30 a.m. and was not over until 12:45 p.m. There were eight confirmants who were expected to answer questions from memory. “What a relief when that was over!” Oral confirmation examinations continued until the 1960’s.
A long time Sunday School Superintendent, Dorothy Krueger was known to request the song – “Showers of Blessing” during the Sunday School opening during the hottest and driest summers. In the next week or so, God would provide the much needed rain and prayers of thankfulness were given.
Vacation Bible School was usually held in June and consisted of ten half-day sessions and later, five half-day sessions. At the end of VBS, students performed a program. Ruth (Krienke) Bernard remembers gathering with friends, hearing Bible stories, singing and crafts. Especially, the wonderful homemade cookies and birthday cakes.
Under Rev. Theo Krienke’s direction, a Junior Choir sang favorite hymns and concluded the worship services with “Now Thank We All Our God”. This was a real blessing as everyone started each new week.
By 1949, due to the need of additional space, the congregation purchased the larger portion of Yakey School and moved it to the premises to serve as an annex for additional seating area and for Sunday School classrooms.
The children’s Christmas program was always held on Christmas Eve. Several church members planned their Christmas traditions around this annual event. During the 1960’s, when Pastor Hartman served the congregation, the program was held on the stage in the back of the annex. Mrs. Ella Hartman had a knack for creating elaborate programs. She designed and created beautiful costumes with hardly any budget at all.
Church pews were turned around to face the stage and there was a special lighting system. Edmund Menk installed the row of colored spotlights so each scene would have a different hue for the plays. Later years, the program was presented in the church and a popular tradition was that the children (members and visitors) received a paper bag or zip lock bag with an apple/orange, package of peanuts and candy.
An addition to the church facilities, located on the north side of the church was begun in October 1979. A new Christian Education building was dedicated to the Glory of God on October 5, 1980.
During 2009, there was a major renovation of the Sunday School building. We replaced the roof, added a church office, nursery, storage room and remodeled classrooms and bathrooms. A Christian Education Building rededication service was held on November 8, 2009. God truly blessed us richly through willing volunteers and talented people who freely shared their gifts on this remodel project.
Christian Education (CE) Program
Beginning in 2002, Pastor Steve Best proposed that the traditional Sunday School be converted to a Wednesday Family Night format with dinner (supper) served at 6:15 p.m. and Christian Education classes at 7:00 p.m. for all age groups. Pastor Best’s philosophy during this period of time was: “Don’t tell us why we can’t do something, tell us how we can do it”. Attendance increased to an average of seventy-five on Wednesdays. The average remained constant during the 2-1/2 years of the program. CE leaders, teachers and kitchen help volunteered from both congregations (Immanuel and Prince of Peace).
During this time, there was an enhanced Vacation Bible School and Adult Bible Study Classes. A strategic alliance was formed with St. Paul’s, Taylor to combine youth programs that would benefit all three congregations; i.e. Immanuel, Prince of Peace and St. Paul’s. This program yielded good results for the Parish in that for the first time in many years, our small youth group had more opportunities. Hayrides, excursions and Synod events were part of the expanded program. In 2003, Tracie Kruger Johnson attended the National Youth Gathering in Atlanta, GA – the first student to do so in many years. In 2004, Rebecca Rinehart attended a mission project in Monterey, Mexico.
During the summer, children attended summer camps. A highlight of the parish picnics was to have the children perform skits and songs that they had learned at camp or Vacation Bible School. The 2002-2003 picnics were held at Granger Lake and later years at Terry & David Ramm’s home (‘The Land’). The Ramm’s graciously opened their home for many church functions for everyone’s enjoyment.
In mid-2004, Immanuel and Prince of Peace discontinued Wednesday night Christian Education. Currently, Sunday School classes are held at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
Music has always been an important part of worship at Immanuel Lutheran. We have been blessed with two remarkable organists from the Fritz family. Leona Decker Fritz shared her talents as our organist for more than 50 years. She was followed by her daughter-in-law, Sharon Fritz, who is our current instrumentalist, has served in the same position for over 10 years. Sharon has played piano, organ, and now the electronic keyboard as well. Leona honored the congregation on its 100th anniversary by writing the music and lyrics to a special arrangement for that occasion. Rebecca Teichelman Borgne also contributes her instrumental accompaniment for various special music presentations. Pam Leschber, along with other singers have contributed to special musical arrangements.
In 2003, a music outreach program was formed for parish and community children. Ron Moulton was hired as the music instructor. Shortly, a parish choir was formed and music lessons were available for guitar and other instruments. Parish musicians contributed to worship services through voice and instrumental solos, duets and ensembles. During May 2005, choir members celebrated Rose Meadow’s 91st birthday and enjoyed recognizing Pam Leschber for singing the National Anthem at the Round Rock Express baseball game. Several choir members saw the performance on tv.
The music ministry enabled the parish to move to more contemporary worship styles, including Feast and Celebration Liturgy and praise music.
During 2008, Diana Patschke suggested an idea for a Live Nativity. “Would need script, someone to tape and narrate, lighting, stable, live animals, hay, costumes, etc. I envision it could be back behind the church with a semi-circle moving from scene to scene with lights on/off. Serve desserts and coffee after. Approximately 30 minutes long and could do two shows a night. Invite the whole area”.
The seed was planted, the parish council approved the idea and a dedicated group of people got involved. Wendy Manuel searched the internet and found a site where a church used bales of hay for their nativity set. This simple set was chosen because of the short amount of time to make it happen. Jonathan Fritz donated the use of hay bales that were set up behind the church. The hay bales were divided to make three scenes and there was one large light in the center of these bales that provided lighting for the entire set. Hand held spot lights were positioned on the individual scenes. Bonnie Gordon, Irene Schmidt and Connie Moehnke sewed 83 costumes in a month. Wendy assured us that “We can do this!” She was right!
The setting was humble, but the cast was divine . . . what a perfect way to describe the 2008-2009 Live Nativity productions. Wendy Manuel coordinated the live nativity in 2008-2009. Bonnie Gordon became coordinator in 2010 and continues in this important role.
During 2008, over 115 people participated in some way: acting, donating fabric, sewing, lighting, construction, parking, mailings, parade driving, animals, organizing, baking, singing, hosting and doing laundry.
God promised us: “You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:11 Megan Anderson, (a Nativity guide) shared an experience that reflected the truth of this passage. She told of going through the drive-through window of StarBucks, on her way to the Nativity. When she got ready to pay, she was pleasantly surprised to find out that someone had already paid for her order. This simple “pay it forward” (involves doing something good for someone in response to a good deed done on your behalf or a gift you received) gesture explains how so many people and children volunteer for this outreach ministry.
During 2010, a set was built by David Ramm and Chris Mabry, from discarded wood fencing. Also, active in providing props were Reuben Patschke family, as well as Terry Ramm. Robert Rinehart provided electrical needs. Jonathan Fritz and Cecil Remmert were on call for whatever needs.
In 2011-12, Bethlehem continued to grow. Bethlehem was a busy town with people walking in the streets. There was a market, carpenter shop, pottery shop, basket shop and linen shop. There was also a tax collector and as one family found out . . . if you couldn’t pay your taxes, you were taken to jail.
During 2008-2010, majority of cast members were from Immanuel and Prince of Peace. Cast members grew to 100 in those three years. By opening participation in this event to members of several local churches during the last two years and in 2012, there were 128 cast members and support. Many original cast members participate annually. Special thanks to everyone involved with this event. Space will not allow us to list the names of all those who have made Nativity such a success. Nativity is not only produced by Immanuel, but has become a community event!
During the first couple of years, refreshments (coffee, apple cider, hot chocolate, cookies, breads and fruits) were served. Visitors were around 500-600 the first couple of years . . later increasing to 1247 visitors, and we discontinued providing refreshments.
On dress rehearsal nights, usually the weekend before Nativity, we allow the nursing home buses or vans to drive thru the set and experience the program. Even though, the set is not designed as a drive thru presentation, we have tour guides on the bus to give a narration of the scenes and some of the characters board the bus to say their lines. Golf carts are available during the tours for individuals with special needs.
The Live Nativity was held the weekend before Christmas during 2008-2011. It was changed to the 2nd weekend in 2012 in order to accommodate a rain out date. Visitors are invited into the church to join the choir in singing favorite Christmas carols. Then, visitors experience a 20 minute free guided tour through Bethlehem. Monetary and food donations are collected for local charities. There are also donations for socks and gloves for homeless people. Mark your calendar . . . . Nativity is scheduled December 13-14, 2014 – 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Bonnie Gordon sums up the live nativity so beautifully, “I believe that God wants all people to know His story and that God’s way of reaching people is through His friends, through us. Each of us has a personal, shared and nontransferable mission; to make God real and share His grace so that others may know His salvation.”
Stained Glass Windows
Rev. Larry Swidzinski developed the plans for the new windows. Roxanne Teichelman donated her skills as an artist to do the design work, and Jerry Frankeny shared his expertise and skills of creating stained glass, his favorite hobby. The entire process took at least a year and a half. The dedication service for the windows was held on Reformation Sunday – October 26, 1986.
The two-pane style of the original windows was used. All 14 of the lower panes are of identical design, but the upper portions, while similar to each other, have differing focal points. Each has a red triangle reminding the worshiper of his faith in the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Superimposed on the red triangle is a white circle, the white signifying purity and the grace, mercy and love of God. The circle speaks of the perfect oneness of God, without beginning and without end.
Within each circle-triangle, symbols of the church are shown. The bottom portion of each window has as its center a cross with pointed ends for the arms. Because of the pointed ends, it is called the Passion Cross or the Cross of Suffering. Around this cross are the lilies. Lilies are associated with the resurrection. On the upper most part of the window is the fleur-de-lis. It is used to symbolize the human nature of the Savior. Thus, each window captures with strong symbolism the suffering and the resurrection of our Lord.
|Sacramental Windows||In loving memory of:|
|Cross and Jesus Windows above the church front door||Ewald & Edith Krueger|
|Baptism||Bruno & Wilhelmina Lantzsch|
|Lord’s Prayer||Rudolph & Augusta Beyer|
|Conception & Birth||Johnny Wuthrich|
|Suffering (“Crown of Thorns”)||Fritz & Minnie Teichelman|
|Death & Burial||William & Hedwig Lantzsch Raesz|
|Ascension||Rudolph & Rose Moehnke|
|Judgment||Albert E. & Emma Krueger Wendland|
|God, the Father||Elizabeth & Henry Fritz, Sr.|
|God the Son||Arnold Leschber family|
|God the Holy Spirit||Herman & Clara Decker; August & Clara Decker|
|Ten Commandments||Henry, Annie and Glen Roy Moehnke|
|The Word||Rev. Larry Swidzinski & family|
|The Lord’s Prayer||Nathan Roznovak; George & Louis Krueger|
Historical Marker Dedication
Historical marker dedication service was held on Sunday, April 23, 1995. Madeline Teichelman provided a wonderful gift in her presentation of church historical information, and Pastors Mariola Bergquist and Ardene Wuthrich presided during the service. The following words appear on this historical marker:
Immanuel Lutheran Church
German immigrants began settling in the new railroad town of Taylor in the 1880s. Lutheran worship services were held as early as 1885, and the Rev. I.J. Glatzel and fourteen families formally organized this congregation in 1888. The Rev. Gus Szillat became the church’s first resident pastor when a parsonage was built in 1892. A frame church building completed in 1894 was destroyed in a 1916 fire, but the congregation soon rebuilt. Worship services were conducted in the German language until the 1940s. The church remains a reflection of the town’s ethnic heritage.
On July 5, 1970, after many months of discussion with congregational members and conferences with district representatives, Immanuel joined a three-congregational parish (Zion-Sandoval, Prince of Peace-Wuthrich Hill and Immanuel). The official parish name was Williamson County Lutheran Parish. Zion-Sandoval withdrew from the parish in 1971.
Immanuel Lutheran Church and Prince of Peace Lutheran Church were “yoked” together as a parish on October 1, 1971. In this arrangement, the churches shared a pastor, youth and adult education, social activities and community outreach initiatives. Rev. Robert Schlott was pastor of the newly formed Parish in 1971 and was instrumental in structuring the relationship.
A 30 year celebration was hosted by the Prince of Peace congregation on October 7, 2001. Special music was provided by Fred Krueger and Cindy Krueger, along with joint choirs. Pastor Steve Best recognized Louis Menk for serving as the parish treasurer during its 30-year history. In February 2011, Immanuel Lutheran Church dissolved this parish arrangement and called Pastor Jack Bohls to solely support the congregation.
Immanuel Lutheran Church (West Taylor) Cemetery
Following the church’s organization, the next order of business was to purchase land for a permanent place of worship and a place of sepulture (burial). On October 20, 1889, just four days after the deed was signed, Minna Roeske, (born 5/16/89) died and was buried in the southeast corner of the cemetery.
The original cemetery consisted of 48 separate lots, divided into 8 rows, with 6 lots in each row and an aisle in the center of the 6 lots. The east row was used for single grave sites.
During the Twentieth Century, the area continued to grow rapidly and many who were living here moved to different areas. In the early 1900’s, complete families moved to south Texas, north Texas and some to the west. Others resettled in central Texas.
ILC experienced a problem with the upkeep of the cemetery since the care of cemetery lots was the responsibility of the families who owned them. The congregation had custodians who were to be in charge of records, burials and to encourage the upkeep of the cemetery.
In the late 1940’s, with the coming of the power mowers, the care of the cemetery took a drastic change. Reverend Krienke was the pastor of the congregation for nearly ten years. He commuted from his home near Round Rock, and the parsonage was rented to Mr. & Mrs. Alvin Moehnke. His sister, Gertrude Moehnke, donated a gasoline powered push mower. Alvin mowed the church yard and portions of the cemetery. In the later 1950's, two mowers were purchased by the congregation for use on the church premises and cemetery.
It was also in the 1950's that a member of the Church Council served as custodian of the cemetery and would oversee burials and sale of grave sites. An individual committee consisting of two persons was elected to be responsible for seeing that the cemetery was kept clean and mowed. They were to solicit help as needed.
In 1971, the congregation approved that the cemetery go on a perpetual care plan. Committee members: Emanuel Lantzsch -chairman, Mrs. Emma Decker, Mrs. Thekla Moehnke, Gus Moehnke, Jr., Fred Krueger and Hugo Beyer contacted all families or their descendants to seek funds to be placed into a Perpetual Care Fund for future use of cemetery care.
On August 7, 1972, the Church Council appointed August Decker, Hugo Beyer, Fred Krueger, Henry Ray Fritz, and Edwin Teichelman to serve as directors of the Cemetery. Cemetery Association members currently serving are: Chris Fritz (President), Robert Rinehart (secretary); Ric Gordon (treasurer); Kevin Randig, Morgan Wendland.
We extend many thanks and appreciation to all who worked so hard to make the Cemetery Association a reality through the years. We also appreciate everyone who has and continues to give memorials and donations. Without all of you, this would have been impossible.
The Past, the Present, and the Future
We hope this record of the history of our beloved church family will honor those who have come before us. We are a congregation of believers who have rich traditions and a constantly evolving love and understanding of who God has created us to be.
As we have learned to embrace new ideas over the years of our existence, we have grown as a church family. Our church, as all churches, has experienced adversity, and difficult times, but we have survived 125 years of service together. Our descendants will continue in the paths we have laid, and they will be a blessing to future generations. Thanks be to God for all that has been and for what will be!
Pastors – 1888 – 2013
1888-1890 Immanuel J. Glatzle*It is believed that Immanuel Lutheran Church was named after Pastor Glatzle.
John Daude (served as pastor at the same time)
1890-1892 John Doerfler
1892-1895 Ferdinand G. Szillat
1896 William K. Schumacher
1896-1901 J. Appel
1900 J. F. Hesemann (visiting pastor?)
1902-1905 Reinhold Carl Schubert (possibly1904-05)
1906-1907 Simon Carl Zettner
1908-1912? August Dziewas
1914?-1915 John Paul Reinhardt
1915-1916 Arthur E. Hartmann
1916-1919 J. J. Weiss
1919-1929 Gottlieb Rapp
1930-1934 Siegfried A. Bogisch
1934-1937 Wilson V. Hill
1937-1943 Johann Friedrich Karl Konzack1944- Willard Ander
1944-1946 John Striepe
1946-1956 Theophil Ernst Samuel Krienke
1957- E. A. Heye, Interim Pastor
1957-1958 Herber, Interim Pastor
1958-1967 Arthur E. Hartmann
1967-1970 William Flachmeier
1970-1976 Robert E. Schlortt, Jr.
1970-1971 Richard F. Winkelman (assistant to Robert Schlortt)
1976-1985 Larry A. Swidzinski
1985-1990 Paul H. Geye, Jr.
1990-1995 Mariola Bergquist
1996-1999 Bill Jones
1999-2001 Gordon Albers, Interim Pastor
2001-2004 Steve Best
2004-2013 Jack (PJ) Bohls
2013-2016 Stan Simonik
1888 (Pastor Glatzel)Elisa Fritz Ernest Kiesler
Magdalena Fritz Selma Lantzsch
Marie Dewald Minna Matthys
1890 (Pastors I. J. Glatzle or John Doerfler)Henry Fritz, Jr.
1892 (Pastor John Doerfler or Gus Szillat)Augusta Anderson (Fritz)
Emma Teichelman (Tesmer)
1893 (Pastor John Doerfler or Gus Szillat)Bertha Kirschke (Frederick)
Hattie Schonerstedt (Leschber)
Minnie Schonerstedt (Lieberum-Lantzsch)
William Schonerstedt, Jr.
Anna Teichelman (Wuthrich)
|1895 (Maybe, Pastor Gus Szillat)Fred Fritz||
1896 (Pastor Wilhelm Schumacher)Paul Becker
Mary Schonerstedt (Wuthrich)
August 3, 1898 (Pastor Jacob Appel)August Teichelman
1900 (Pastor Jacob Appel)Fritz Becker
Lina Moehnke (Wuethrich)
Jan. 14, 1900 (J. F. Hesemann, visiting pastor)?
Wilhelmine H. L. Fick
1901 (Pastor Jacob Appel)Augusta Brandenberg (Sakewitz) Otto Krueger (son of August)
Paul Brandenberg Richard Krueger
Otto Eulenfeld Paul Krueger (son of August)
Mary Fritz (Anderson) Albert Luedtke
Paul Kirsche Bertha Luedtke (Steger)
Frank Krueger (son of Carl) Elfrieda Matthys (Teichelman)
Herman Krueger (son of Carl) Clara Schonerstedt (Fleischer)
Immanuel Krueger Otto Schonerstedt
Otto Krueger (son of Carl)
June 1, 1902 (Pastor Reinhold Schubert- 1902-1903)Herman Becker
Amada Belz (Roeske)
Mrs. Max Kirschke
Louise Teichelman (Mundkowsky-Kriel)
Bertha Toellener (Appel)
May 12, 1903Fritz Teichelman
1905Agnes Belz (Kuhl) Emma Krueger (Wendland)
Bertha Brandenburg (Nehring) Herman A. Krueger (August)
John Dollinger Louise Krueger (Kruse)
Hattie Herbst Martha Krueger (Rundberg)
Annie Krueger Arthur Pfluger
Arthur Krueger (son of Carl)
June 3,1906 (Pastor Simon Zettner)Clara Herbst (Krueger)
Lillie Krueger (Daughter of Paul & Emily (Bohls)
Krueger Ida Teichelman (Meyer)
Mary Teichelman (Druesdow)
1907 (Pastor Simon Zettner)Elsie Albert (Benefiel)
August Albert (Buck)
Alma Buetow (Schiede)
Ella Teichelman (Munch)
May 3, 1908(Pastor August Dziewas – 1908-1912)
Emma Krueger (Daughter of Paul & Emily B. Krueger)
Emma Krueger (Smith)
Walter F. Krueger (son of August)
Annie Kruse (Tham)
Clara Mager (Heise)
Augusta Moehnke (Fuessel)
Hattie Moehnke (Melcher)
Louise Wendland (Schroeder)
Rose Wendland (Howell)
Augusta Wuethrich (Hamann)
August 9, 1911Olga Belz (Reiter)
Eddie Krueger (son of Carl)
Minnie Krueger (Teichelman)
Richard Krueger (son of Carl)
Betty Teichelman (Krueger)
Hedwig Tesmer (Priesmeyer)
Lena Tesmer (Krueger-Crawford)
Mary Wuethrich (Burow)
December 26, 1912Minnie Buetow (Brandenburg)
Louise Groba (Zimmerman)
Annie Holman (Letterman)
Fannie Holman (Priesmeyer)
Annie Mager (Krieg)
Augusta Mager (Beyer)
Elizabeth Meister (Zschieshe)
Augusta Tesmer (Goetz)
April 5, 1914 (Pastor John Paul Reinhardt)Hardie Albert
Adelle Kirsch (Zuehlke)
Dora Kirsche (Nelson)
Emma Schonerstedt (Decker)
March 26, 1916 (Pastor A. E. Hartmann)Ella Anna Groba
Clara Krueger (Frenzel)
Thekla Krueger (Moehnke)
Oscar Karl Krueger
Augusta Lantzsch (Raesz)
Marie Helena Lantzsch
Anna Marie Moehnke
Alvin Heinrich Randig
Augusta Wendland (Tesmer)
Alex Wilhelm Wuthrich
April 1, 1917 (Pastor J. J. Weiss – 1917-1919)Alfred Hinze
Minnie Krueger (Mikus-Osteen)
March 17, 1918
Dora Carolina Wendland
Edna Dora Wendland
May 23, 1920 (Pastor Gottlieb Rapp – 1920-1929)
*It took four teams of mules to bring Pastor Rapp’s possessions loaded on a wagon up the muddy road to Immanuel Lutheran (West Taylor).
Wilhelm Adolph Teichelman
Julius Hermann Wendland
August 17, 1919Helena Appel (Rathke)
Hedwig Augusta Krueger (Schoener)
Bertha Lantzsch (Randig)
Edna Randig (Becker)
May 8, 1921
Walter Arthur Fritz
Anna Louise Krueger (Scharff)
May 28, 1922Louis Wilmar Anderson
Lizzie Brunken (Lefler)
Anna Auguste Fritz (Walker)
Dorothea Krueger (Townsend)
Hedwig Lantzsch (Raesz)
April 13, 1924Maria Belz
Ruth Elizabeth Fritz (Burnett)
Alma Olga Krueger (Kerlin)
Lina Marie Wendland
April 5, 1925Edna Brunken (Bergstrom)
Velma Brunken (Walther)
November 15, 1925
Walter Harold Lynch (Adult)
April 10, 1927Rudolph Appel
Henry Raymond Fritz
Carl Willy Krueger
Ella Marie Krueger (Gensler)
Ewald Emanuel Krueger
Rudolph Moehnke (twins)
Laura Christine Wendland
Minna Helene Wendland (Meinardus)
April 1, 1928Walter Fred Minzenmayer
Frieda Adeline Lizzie Randig (Hodde)
May 12, 1929Anette Appel
Onnie Louis Brunken
Elizabeth Krueger (McDannell)
Hilda Krueger (Roznovak)
Olga Agnes Krueger
Erna Sakewitz (Moehnke)
|August 24, 1930 (Pastor S. A. Bogisch – 1930-31)Adults: Mr. & Mrs. Ewald Krueger||
March 29, 1931Louis Appel
Lydia Krueger (deceased shortly after H.S. graduation)
Elvira Tesmer (Vanacek)
Helen Wuthrich (Johnson)
August 6, 1933 Wilson Hill, PastorCarl Brandenburg
Mrs. John (Elenora) Wuthrich – no date
Mrs. Alfred Weise – July 31,1934
June 9, 1935 Wilson Hill, PastorArthur Appel
Mildred Burow (Zamorsky)
Leona Decker (Fritz)
Ruby Eulenfeld (Pfluger)
Evelyn Krueger (Bachmeyer-Roberts)
Hilda Lantzsch (Hanson)
Pauline Wuthrich (Sorenson)
August 5, 1936 Wilson Hill, PastorMilton Burow
June 18, 1936 Wilson Hill, Pastor
Mrs. Walter Eulenfeld (Lydia Bushing)
Mrs. Alfred Randig (Lillie Rundberg)
March 21, 1937 Wilson Hill, PastorMarvin Decker
Allene Fuessel (Leschber)
Viola Teichelman (Moehnke)
Lorene Teichelman (Decker)
Alice Wuthrich (Simpson)
May 14, 1937 Wilson Hill, Pastor
Adult: Emmett Vanacek
July 3, 1938Karl Konzack, Pastor
His favorite scripture: “And Jesus died for all, that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for him who for their sake died and was raised.”
II Corinthians 5:15
Reinh (Riney) Krueger
Ella Krueger (Kokel)
Richard H. Kruger
Berneyce Kerlin (Schmidt-Lange)
Dorothy Kruger (Krueger)
Nelda Sakewitz (Boatright)
July 10, 1938 Karl Konzack, Pastor50th anniversary of the church
April 6, 1941 Karl Konzack, Pastor
Mary Burow (Brooks-Leschber)
Madeline Decker (Teichelman)
April 10, 1941
Adult: Mrs. Herbert (Virginia Petty) Teichelman
April 26, 1942 Karl Konzack, PastorDesygene Burow (Mueller) Dorothy Moehnke
Delbert Decker Alvin Randig, Jr.
Marietta Decker (Tucek) Clarence Randig
James Eulenfeld Olga Randig (Mikulencek)
Helen Krueger (Blackman) Ruby Sakewitz
Elnora Leschber (Bentley) Victor Stern
Carl Moehnke Dorothy Wendland (Eulenfeld)
*Due to illness, Wille Raesz, Jr., and his sister, Margaret Raesz (Borchardt) were confirmed on Pentecost, May 24, 1942.
September 17, 1944 Willard Ander, PastorDorothy Decker (Johnson) Irene Moehnke (Schmidt)
Audell Jaecks (Payne) Lucille Moehnke (Mokry)
Myrtle Jaecks (Gaida) Eugene Mundkowsky
Bernice Krueger (Kuempel) Mervin Oltmann (Marvin)
Clarence Krueger Lorraine Preusse (Lehman)
Flora Krueger (Thompson) Edmond Raesz
Vernon Krueger Robert Raesz
Lucille Krueger (Diebel) Dorothy Randig (Miklencak)
Leon Lefler Laverne Randig (Stephens)
Leon Mager Raymond Randig
Bernice Moehnke (Hollowell) Elvira Stern (Hooper)
Elvira Moehnke Grace Teichelman (Horsak)
June 22, 1947 Theo Krienke, PastorGrace Eulenfeld (Walker)
Doris Lenz (Fuchs)
Laverne Townsend (Frase)
June 5, 1949 Theo Krienke, PastorWynnell Jaecks
Bertha Krueger (Kruse)
Jeanette Krueger (Pfluger-Fox)
Gladys Lenz (Townsend)
Vera Raesz (Anderson)
Irene Randig (Conn)
Richard Randig, Jr.
Nadine Roznovak (Johnson)
Helen Jean Wendland (Carson)
May 21, 1950 Theo Krienke, PastorAdults:
Mrs. Willie (Elizabeth Miklencak) Raesz
Mrs. Carl Stern (Lois)
J. B. Townsend
May 6, 1951 Theo Krienke, PastorDoris Belz (O'Rear)
Richard Belz, Jr.
*Pastor Wuthrich was baptized and confirmed in our church. He served at a church in Fredericksburg and is currently retired. At Immanuel’s 100th anniversary he was our key-note speaker and plans to preach during the 125th anniversary.
Dec. 28, 1952 Theo Krienke, PastorAdults:
Mrs. Richard (Louise) Belz
Malvine Kaatz (Artischofsky) mother of Elenora Wuthrich
Mrs. Louis (Eva Hall) Kruger
Mrs. Arthur Wuthrich (Della McDaniel)
May 24, 1953 Theo Krienke, PastorDonny Meinardus
Doris Randig (Nord)
April 11, 1954 Theo Krienke, PastorCarwell Belz
Virginia Fritz (Crunk)
May 15, 1955 Theo Krienke, PastorAdult: Bobby Townsend
June 2, 1956 Theo Krienke, Pastor
Glen Roy Moehnke
April 14, 1957 E. A. Beye (Interim Pastor)Waldeen Bittner (Womack)
Shirley Teichelman (Walters)
James W. Walker, Jr.
Joyce Wendland (McFarlin)
October 13, 1957 Herber (Interim Pastor)Adults:
Mrs. Wm. Remmert (Stasny)
Mrs. Florene Schmidt (Grundman)
Milton H. Schmidt
Mrs. Albert (Janette French) Wendland
Mrs. Kenneth (Barbara Corbin) Wuthrich
September 11, 1958 HerberAdults:
Bill Boatright, Sr.
Robert Eldon Hodde
Sept. 28,1958 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor70th anniversary of the church
1953 Theresa Wuthrich died
1958 Pauline Wuthrich died
(children when church was organized)
March 22, 1959 A. E. Hartmann, PastorDorothy Beyer (Fischer)
Dianna Carlson (Johnson)
Walter Krueger, Jr.
Janeth Meinardus (Wood)
Dienna Menk (Kieschnick)
Jerry Wayne Roznovak
April 10, 1960 A. E. Hartmann, PastorJane Bittner
Edward Balusek (Adult)
August 6, 1961 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor
Geo. Wm. Husemann
Mrs. Henry (Bessie) Krueger
April 15, 1962 A. E. Hartmann, PastorDavid Beyer
Walter G. Krueger
Mrs. Luther (Marjorie) Hartmann
Mrs. Bobby (Beverly Jonas) Hodde
Mrs. Mary Elenor Krueger
April 7, 1963 A. E. Hartmann, PastorJeanette Beyer (Jalufka)
Linda Diebel (Harvey)
Karen Lantzsch (Knight-DeWitt)
Evelyn Tucek (Zieschang)
Adult: Mrs. Mary Jane (Pabis) Moehnke
Sept. 22,1963 Rev. A. E. Hartmann75th anniversary of the church – Emma Decker, Gus Moehnke, and Hardie Albert (Class of 1914) were present and had their picture taken.
Mrs. Hartman asked Clarence Mager to pick up the cake because he had a station wagon.
March 22, 1964 A. E. Hartmann, PastorKaren Klaus (Turek)
August 16, 1964 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor
Adults: Mrs. Daniel (Lois Lindquist) Bittner
Richard Terry Walters
April 11, 1965 A. E. Hartmann, PastorBonnie Bittner (Kaderka)
Phyllis Eulenfeld (Schneider)
Laura Krueger (Hanson)
Debra Moehnke (Rinderknecht)
Nov. 21, 1965 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor
Ric Gordon (Adult)
April 3, 1966 A. E. Hartmann, PastorVictoria Balusek
Emily Fritz (Simons)
Deborah Klaus (Rohlack)
Marion Tucek (Spiller)
Oct. 30, 1966 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor
Lonnie Knight (Adult)
March 19, 1967 A. E. Hartmann, Pastor
Brenda Kruger (Sladek)
Nancy Lantzsch (Werchan)
Rebecca Teichelman (Borgne)
June 2, 1968 W. A. Flachmeier, PastorDonna Bittner (Rinehart)
Donna Grabbs (Matthews)
Betty Ann Wuthrich (Cruz)
1968 W. A. Flachmeier, Pastor
Mrs. Larry (Deborah Laurence) Moehnke – Adult
May 25, 1969 W. A. Flachmeier, PastorGordon Balusek
Linda Mundkowsky (Roznovak)
Sharon Walther (Morris)
Mrs. Alfred (Annie Stiba) Krueger
June 21, 1970 Rev. W. A. Flachmeier*, Rev. H. C. Ziehe, Rev. E. Herber (confirmed this class)Rev. Flachmeier suffered a heart attack and remained our Pastor until he was able to retire. Pastors Ziehe and Herber filled in for Pastor Flachmeier.
David Hollowell Myron Menk
Jesse Husemann Michael Raesz
Gary Klaus Rebecca Raesz (Steffek)
Mark Krueger Roxana Teichelman
August 28, 1971
Adult: Dennis Werchan
Nov. 14, 1971 Robert Schlortt, PastorDavid Bittner
Deborah Walther (Foster)
April 8, 1973 Robert Schlortt, PastorAdults: Ricky Deaver
Orby Gene Hollowell
Mrs. Arnold (Syble O'Banon) Raesz
April 15, 1973 Robert Schlortt, PastorRenee Calder
Carol Ann Hollowell (Pitts)
Dec. 9, 1973 Robert Schlortt, Pastor
Mrs. Dale (Connie Wade) Moehnke
Kathleen Grabs (Parker)
February 3, 1974 Robert Schlortt, PastorGloria House (adult)
January 26, 1975 Robert Schlortt, Pastor
Alta Mae Glover
Mrs. Larry (Pam Odem) Leschber
Mrs. Mike (Brenda Victor) Raesz
October 5, 1975 Robert Schlortt, PastorFloyd Glover
William Gus Moehnke (Bill)
Cheryl Wuthrich (Browning)
June 27, 1976 Robert Schlortt, PastorRandall Parker
Tricia Latham Sheppard
March 27, 1977 Larry Swidzinski, PastorAdults:
Mrs. John (Carol Stauffer) Raesz
March 19, 1978 Larry Swidzinski, PastorTeresa Frietag
June 1978 Larry Swidzinski, Pastor
Shannon Sutton (Adult)
May 20, 1979 Larry Swidzinski, PastorBarbara Hodde (Parker)
March 30, 1980 Larry Swidzinski, PastorAdults:
Mrs. Gary (Sharon Pyle) Klaus
Sunday School building was dedicated on October 5, 1980.
April 12, 1981 Larry Swidzinski, PastorJeffrey Beran
Lou Ann Frietag
Oct. 11, 1981 Larry Swidzinski, Pastor
Mrs. Ricky (Cheryl Williams) Kruger
April 4, 1982 Larry Swidzinski, PastorVonna Gordon (Wolfe)
Connie Krueger (Boerner)
May 22, 1983 Larry Swidzinski, PastorDeanna Beran
May 20, 1984 Larry Swidzinski, PastorAdults:
May 14, 1985 Larry Swidzinski, PastorChristopher Fritz
Cindy Wendland (Barringer)
|Dedication of Stained Glass windows on October 26, 1986.|
April 12, 1987 Paul Geye, PastorAnissa Beran (Lopez)
David John Wuthrich, Jr.
June 12, 1988 Paul Geye, Pastor100th anniversary of the church
October 30,1988 Paul Geye, Pastor
May 14, 1989 Paul Geye, PastorBradley Beran Donald Leschber
Brett Beran Michelle Raesz
David Fritz Shaun Raesz
Tobias Geye Teri Raesz (Hoffman)
Kevin Kruse Travis Stiba
May 19, 1991 Mariola Bergquist, PastorTeri Adams
Bethany Fritz (Grissom)
Kari Kruse (Raesz)
April 18, 1993 Mariola Bergquist, PastorKelly Hewitt (McElmurry)
Suzy Krueger Dyer
May 22,1994 Mariola Bergquist, PastorJonathan Kruse
John Scott Raesz
May 28, 1995 Mariola Bergquist, PastorJustin Klaus
Telisha Raesz (Richardson)
Historical Marker Dedication – April 23, 1995
Oct. 27, 1996 Bill Jones, PastorLindsay Kruger (Gosnell)
March 23, 1997 Bill Jones, PastorStephen Emmick
Kimberly Klaus (Bolz)
Kristin Mundkowsky (Trevino)
Sarah Raesz (Degenhardt)
Lacie Ruemke (Schernik)
|June 14, 1998 Bill Jones, Pastor1l0th anniversary of the church||
March 28, 1999 Bill Jones, PastorJennifer Johle (Taylor)
May 7, 2000 Gordon Albers, Int. PastorDerrick Mundkowsky
April 29, 2001 Gordon Albers, Int. PastorTracie Kruger (Johnson)
May 19, 2002 Steve Best, PastorRebecca Rinehart
May 9, 2004 Steve Best, PastorBrian Mundkowsky
Raelyn Wahrmund Hall
May 20, 2007 Jack (PJ) Bohls, PastorElizabeth Sengler
April 20, 2008 Jack (PJ) Bohls, Pastor120th anniversary of the church
May 11, 2008 Jack (PJ) Bohls, Pastor
Remodel of the Sunday School bldg. dedication – November 8, 2009.
May 15, 2011 Jack (PJ) Bohls, PastorHunter Sager
May 22, 2011 Jack (PJ) Bohls, Pastor
May 20, 2012 Jack (PJ) Bohls, PastorChandee Bachmeyer
April 28, 2013 – 125th anniversary of the church
If you are aware of any omissions or inaccuracies, please contact us.